I’ve been really into makeup since last year, when approaching my big 3.0 and also with the help of Youtubers and makeup gurus like Lisa Eldridge and Michelle Phan.
So my routine is quite simple.
– Foundation: I’ve never wear any foundation before, and I include tinted moisturizers in this category. Until I’ve discovered the ones with new kinda generation of foundation: as light as you you were not wearing anything, water-base products. My favorite foundation is the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua (B40) and I use a tiny bit of it. The shade is perfect for me and the finish is semi-matte. Really love it.
– Powder: I’m using the Mac Studio Fix in NC40. It falls into the foundation category but I have it before and never really used it until I heard Goss Wayne (Gossmakeupartist). Then I understood the power of this powder. I sometimes use it as a stand alone product for my base and just skip the liquid foundation. And I hit pan. For the price and the quality, it is just perfect. But maybe my next powder will be the Select sheer powder which gives less coverage and more sheer.
– Eyes: The Caviar stick from Laura Mercier in Khaki. Woaw! The stain power, the finish, the quality (soooo blendable). I want the other shades: Cocoa, Amethyst… Your eyes can be subtil or you can build up until you have a smoky eyes look in 5 seconds.
– Blush: At the moment, I’m using the Lancome Blush Subtil in Melba (30). Such a nice color, maybe more for sprintime and summertime but who cares? I can also use the white part as a highlighter. I like ti apply is on the apples of my cheeks and up to the temples.
– Eyelashes: Combo Eyelashes + Mascara is a must. Impossible to skip this step. I know the Shu Uemura one is THE best but mine is a Sephora and does the job quite well. For mascara, I loooove the MaxFactor False lash effect in Black. Basically, I’m not complicated about mascara and have quite long eyelashes. I mainly seek for volume. I hate mascara that transfers to the bottom of your eyes during the days (Maybelline the Rocket, Lancôme Hypnose Doll eyes…) or spidery effect (Benefit They’re real, which, I don’t know about you but it irrritates my eyes,…). This one is affordable and gives long and voluminous eyelashes. The high end one I like is the YSL Baby Doll.
– Lips: A basic nude lip pencil from Jean-Claude Biguine. It is matte, no transfer, the color is my shade but better. As you can see, the pencil has been used a lot and the size is quite reduced… Otherwise, I also love Mac Lipstick, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, Rimmel Kate Moss mat lipstick. Even if the price ranges are different, they remain affordable and very good quality (if not the best).
Then, I’m good to go!
Have a nice day!